Khamis, 10 November 2016

#7 Movie - Romeo and Juliet

Assalamualaikum ,
           So , today , I spent two hours watching Romeo and Juliet on my laptop . I have read the script yet could not understand the flow . Two hours were worth spent on because I never watched a movie that use old English and it did impressed me upon the beauty of the language .
           Upon watching it , I found that the movie is humorous yet yield a serious topic . On the last scene , where Romeo drank the poison and died , Juliet complained on why not Romeo leave friendly drop  for her . I laughed hardly on her words that she even claimed the poison to be something that is worth to share for . But , it is a poison ! How can she talked lightly about drinking poison ? And , how can be humorous on such thing ? Maybe , I cannot blame too much on how old people communicate each other because the language is beauty itself ; the art to convey messages . About the story line , I do not say that I hate it or much , loathe it , it is more like , I am not prefer with such flow . Love for someone is seem to be more important that life , that Juliet took her own life for dead Romeo . I could not judge them harshly as I have never be in love before , but , to die for someone else sake is insane .
          The Romeo and Juliet story is worth watching and I would say that I would watch this movie again . I watched the 1968 version where it reflected on the lifestyle of the old times before modernization occur . The settings is what I prefer the most ; the old buildings , fountains and bazar . The old language does also attract my attention .
          I really recommend this movie as it is a worth watching for better understanding on this William Shakespeare's writing . This movie is not suitable for underage as it shows some inappropriate scenes , but do watch it , and you will not miss out the beauty of the old English .

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan