Khamis, 17 November 2016

Reflection upon the debate tournament

Assalamualaikum , readers !
      Recently , our batch were having a debate tournament that lasted for three days . The debates were fun to watch and I learned so many things from them . Frankly , I am neither interested in debate nor do I ever participate one. It is never in my cup of coffee since I am not good in defending my stand ,
 moreover , I am easily swayed by others’ opinion . But , after being a debater and watched all those debates , I started to realize the importance of the debate .

      I claim that I have never participate a debate once in my life . Well , I am telling the truth . I do not know the format of the debate to the extent that the terms THW and THBT sound unfamiliar for me . Thanks goodness that Anis helped me through all the hardships since she is a former debater during her school . She was such a great help that I managed to stand as a Prime Minister and give my so-called speech .I was really nervous that I ended it too early . From that incident , I learned that I should prepare really well and understand my role carefully . Even though we lost , I learned that cooperation and teamwork is the key of success. If one speaker say carelessly , this will lead to fatality and will affect the whole team . 

      Besides , I also learned that believing in your claim is vital even though it is not realistic . During the three days tournament , the most interesting debate I found is THBT Earth is flat . At first , I had had this thought that obviously the opposition will win this case . Because I was too deluded with facts that I already learned during schools , I immediately bet the success of the opposition team . However , during the debate , my opinions were totally changed . The speakers from the government were very convincing : they poured all the information from concrete sources and they are such cunning debaters . All those points about Earth being flat  were somehow make sense that even I started not to believe science books and NASA . Who ever thought that even flaw things can be debated and win . Now , I understand that , in debate , believing your claim is important in order to emphasize your point to the people you are talking to .No one knows about your knowledge better than yourself . Therefore , be confident so that people will acknowledge your idea .  

      Moreover , whenever we receive new information,we should see it in different angle. In all the debates that I watched ,  whenever an opposition speaker spoke such a convincing point , my stand was easily fell apart and I cannot even sense flaw in his speech . But , when the next speaker stands , he managed to rebut the point successfully . I never think of that idea and reason yet he able to nail it . From that incident , I learned that we should learn ideas from different perspectives . In terms of making a decision , we should not prone to only one point of view without considering different angles. It is because , if we ever ignore them , they can be the main cause behind the failure of our agenda and can cause bad consequences.

       Overall , I really enjoyed the debates . Many new things I received and now , I knew that Amirul Afiq is such a great speaker despite his mysterious personality . 

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan